Pages

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

A Tiny Home Kitchen

One of the biggest challenges of a tiny home, is the kitchen area.
I have to cook for four people and doing it in a tight space can be difficult at times.
Especially because I enjoy making freezer meals and usually make a handful of meals in one afternoon. 
My counterspace doesn't allow for a lot of food & utensils to be out at once.
But on the bright side, it also doesn't allow for much clutter or mess to be left so I've learned to just clean as I go to keep the counters clean! 
What you see here are ALL of my couterspace and cabinetry.
I had to get rid of a lot of extra kitchen gadgets and gizmos.
As well as extra plates, cups, and mugs.
If you come to my house you will find I only have 4 cups, 4 plates, and 4 bowls. 
Just enough for the four of us.

Grocery day can sometimes be a bit of a challenge too. 
You have to be creative and very organized to make room for everything.
My cabinets don't stay cramped very long though because I have a husband and son who eat & eat & EAT!
Seriously, how do we go through a box of cereal in one day?

 On the other side of the kitchen we have the fridge & oven.
Thankfully it's a large full size refrigerator.
BUT the oven is not.
 I learned that the first time I tried to make cookies.
Needless to say, those cookies didn't turn out.
I had to buy new pans.

I love the ceiling in my kitchen. 
I think it's actually some sort of backsplash, but it looks neat above too!

Straight through the kitchen, you'll find the bathroom.
Unlike a lot of tiny homes, I have a full bath.
It's a tight squeeze in there, but not terrible!
It has the same backsplash ceiling as the kitchen does.

So there you have it.
A peek into my kitchen and bathroom. 
Thanks for stopping by! 



No comments:

Post a Comment