Pages

Saturday, May 30, 2015

5 Things I love about My Tiny Home

Yesterday I shared 5 things I hate about my tiny home.
You can read about that HERE if you missed it.
Today I want to share with you 5 things I love about my tiny home!



#1. Financially Freeing
One of the biggest reasons we decided to move into our tiny home was the price! 
As you know my husband recently started a new job
This job required him to live in city limits and took a cut in his salary as well.
If we were still living in our old house, we wouldn't have been able to afford for him to take this new job that he loves!! Or I would have had to send the kids to daycare and find a job myself. I can't bare the thought of leaving them!
Staying home with my children has always been a personal dream and passion of mine so I'm thankful I'm able to continue doing so. It's all thanks to finding a tiny home with a tiny price! 

#2. Less Stuff
Less stuff means less upkeep. I'm easily overwhelmed with housework.
I have a 2 year old and a baby that keep me busy enough cleaning up their messes.
In our old house, I felt like it was always dirty because if I got behind, I could hardly get caught back up! 
It would take an entire day to catch up and give the whole house a really good cleaning. In our tiny house now, I'm not saying I don't get behind because I do!! In fact, my house probably looks messy more often just because it's a small space so just a few things lying around makes it look extremely messy.
 But it's much less agonizing to get caught back up if I get behind.
What used to take me all day long to get the house clean, now takes me a couple hours. 
If I'm able to stay on top of it and not get behind, it takes even less time to clean the house each day!

 #3. Tight Family
Someday I want to buy one of those signs that say, "Tiny Homes Build Tight Families" because I feel that's true. We are always together. We are always in sight of one another. Sure there are times we annoy one another just like any family. But we are a very close knit family.
We thoroughly enjoy being together and spending time with one another! 


#4. The Cuddles
Yesterday I talked about how naptime is a struggle because we only have one bedroom so if Ashton is sleeping Alaya doesn't have a place to nap...that may be on the list of things I hate. But it's also on the list of things I love about our tiny home. Because if she can't sleep in her bed, I get lots of good cuddles! Or get the laugh of her falling asleep amidst her playing.


#5. Cheaper Renovations
We have a few renovations we want to do to our tiny home.
For the most part, our house is in great condition and has been well taken care of! It's surprisingly an old house but a lot had been updated before we moved in. The only thing left we want to do is take out the carpet in our back laundry room and put in some linoleum or something easy to clean since the back room is where Samson sleeps...and well, Golden Retrievers tend to shed so it would be nice to have that area easy to clean. Hence we want to tear out the old carpet for a more broom/mop friendly flooring! The great thing about re-doing the flooring is it will be cheap!!! In fact, we can probably just go and buy a remnant that will be more than big enough for that small room. I'm so excited to get that done! Fingers crossed we go and get it done soon!


Tiny house living may not be for everyone, and we definitely don't want this to be a permanent living space. But for now, this time and place in our lives, it's perfect for us!

Thanks for following along!

No comments:

Post a Comment